Wednesday, April 11, 2012

First Post!

Hi all!
I started this blog for friends and family to learn about what exactly it is I am doing in India. A couple explanations are needed.

First, I will working with a program that was developed at my College. The program is called Social Entrepreneurship. The basic idea of the program is that individuals use innovation and entrepreneurial models to fulfill an unmet social need, such as basic literacy for all. If you're interested in learning more about the program please check out the Social Entrepreneurship website. You can learn about the program and past participant's experiences. http://global_se.scotblogs.wooster.edu/what-is-se/

Second, the organization I will be working with is called Hippocampus. It creates learning centers in India to support current educational infrastructure. The organization works with villages and individuals to take ownership of the center so that after 3 years it's self-sustainable. Again if you want to learn more here is their website! http://www.hrfindia.org/about-2/

Third, the name of  my blog is called "A Panda in India" because Panda is the nickname my dad gave me when I was very little :)

Thank you for all your support :)

No comments:

Post a Comment